Here is a great video from Danny (aka dannyrideshorses) dealing with visibility as a queer person. She is the partner of a heterosexually-identified transman and struggles with wanting to be seen as bisexual or queer while honoring her boyfriend's straight identity.
Being visibly queer is something I struggle with as well as I am in a relationship with a cisgender heterosexual woman, and socially, we are obviously read 100% of the time as a heterosexual couple.
Most of the time this is just fine with me, but sometimes I want it to be known that I am trans, or that I am not your typical mainstream dude, and I want my struggle to be honored and recognized.
Resources & Information
- Transguys.com- The Internet's Premier Online Magazine for Transmen
- The Art of Transliness: Advice on Life for the Modern Transman
- Hudson's FTM Guide
- The Transitional Male
- T-Vox: Comprehensive Resources for the Trans Community
- Transbucket: Photosharing for the Trans Community
- Trans Health: Health & Fitness for Trans People
- FTM-trans Yahoo Group
- FTM Surgery Info Yahoo Group
- FTM: Scouting the Unknown