Monday, March 1, 2010

LGBT Social Stress - One Thing I Hate About Being Gay!

Here is a video from imawsome202. She doesn't identify as trans, but she does identify as lesbian and made this video ranting about some of the social stress that she (and her girlfriend) have to deal with that directly results from her sexuality; it is the same kind of social stress trans people have to deal with on many levels and I thought many people could relate to this video.

She's sick of people staring at her and her girlfriend when at parties and other social situations; I can relate, I've often been stared down at parties, dehumanized, invalidated, and left feeling like some kind of alien.

As someone who was been othered, I find living in an environment like San Francisco where heteronormativity is actively challenged and rejected everyday certainly has helped me to feel less isolated.

No comments:

Post a Comment