Thursday, June 9, 2011

Counseling for FTMs, Gender Variant, & Queer Folk [resources]

Therapy is one of the steps we must take in order to transition, but even after medical transition is over transgender people still deal with plenty of other issues, some trans-related, some not. It can be nice to talk to someone and get an outside perspective and some guidance - especially someone of trans experience.

Trey Polesky is a licensed therapist and a man of trans experience himself. He is located in Bloomington, Illinois but also offers online therapy sessions via Skype. Over half of his clients identify as LGBTQI, and he can not only assist in helping you start medical transition by providing hormone and surgery letters, he also specializes in the following:

LGBTQI issues
Trans issues (letters for HRT, surgery, etc)
Grief and loss
Substance abuse/dependence
Relationship or family difficulties
Anger management
Increasing self esteem and confidence
Abuse or trauma
Compulsive behaviors
Work/school challenges
Significant life changes

Trey can be reached via his personal website, by e-mail: treypolesky(at)gmail(dot)com, or you can give him a call at 773-819-5428.

No comments:

Post a Comment