Sunday, June 27, 2010

Emotions Before Top Surgery.

Tristan Skye (aka TristanSkye79 on the tube) just had his top surgery with Dr. Charles Garramone in Sunrise, FL. He made an awesome video documenting his experience and his emotions leading up to surgery, and examines his wife's feelings as well (after all, everybody in our lives transition, not just us!).

Tristan ended up being less nervous about the surgery than his wife Sicily was, probably because she was so busy getting everything in order and making sure it all went smoothly for him. Hat's off to awesome SOFFA's everywhere! Thanks for all you do.

Tristan and Sicily also run an awesome transgender social networking site called TQNation. Definitely check it out and create a profile.



Here is a video log I recorded on the day of my top surgery, December 12, 2006. As you can see, emotions were high that day.

I can't believe it will be four years in December since I've had the surgery. My life has changed in so many ways, more than I ever expected. Surgery has given me the freedom from the body I was trapped in my entire life. Thank you, Dr. Fischer!

No comments:

Post a Comment