Resources & Information
- Transguys.com- The Internet's Premier Online Magazine for Transmen
- The Art of Transliness: Advice on Life for the Modern Transman
- Hudson's FTM Guide
- The Transitional Male
- T-Vox: Comprehensive Resources for the Trans Community
- Transbucket: Photosharing for the Trans Community
- Trans Health: Health & Fitness for Trans People
- FTM-trans Yahoo Group
- FTM Surgery Info Yahoo Group
- FTM: Scouting the Unknown
Monday, January 24, 2011
Trans Canadian Military Dress Codes, Transgender Insurance Coverage, etc. [trans news]
From the National Post:
As U.S. politicians continue to debate whether to let gays serve openly in the American military, the Canadian Forces have issued a new policy detailing how the organization should accommodate transsexual and transvestite troops specifically. Soldiers, sailors and air force personnel who change their sex or sexual identity have a right to privacy and respect around that decision, but must conform to the dress code of their “target” gender, says the supplementary chapter of a military administration manual.
In other transgender news, according to Joanne Herman, more employers are going to start covering transgender surgeries, but new hurdles are to be expected.
Also, Brian Katcher, a 35-year-old Missouri dad, has won the second Stonewall children's book award for his tale of transgender love.