Here is a video from openheartzoo that really struck a chord with me. In this video Bo speaks about the difficulties trans and intersex people face with everyday situations (most) cisgender take for granted- specifically in this case, using public restrooms.
Also, Bo makes a good point in the video that just because "you have a friend" that is a certain way or lives a particular lifestyle, that it does not make you an expert in that subject.
We all need to keep our minds open.
Resources & Information
- Transguys.com- The Internet's Premier Online Magazine for Transmen
- The Art of Transliness: Advice on Life for the Modern Transman
- Hudson's FTM Guide
- The Transitional Male
- T-Vox: Comprehensive Resources for the Trans Community
- Transbucket: Photosharing for the Trans Community
- Trans Health: Health & Fitness for Trans People
- FTM-trans Yahoo Group
- FTM Surgery Info Yahoo Group
- FTM: Scouting the Unknown